Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Expectations can be demoralizing

Okay, I rather feel like an old fool, but I did have some hope and expectations about truthfulness and no-game-playing from the one person I met online.  Perhaps I am gullible, but it all sounded so honest and true. 

But, I guess it wasn't - haven't heard from him in 3 days.  Is that a long time or a short time?  I don't know.  I haven't done this in such a very long time, and when you grow up moving around as much as I did, you tend to form relationships quickly.  After all, you never know when you're going to move again, so you don't dither about - you jump in.  So, we military brats tend to make decisions quickly and assess people (sometimes incorrectly) quickly as well. 

Perhaps my expectations were too high.  I really do have a life - well, a little one - and am actually working on gathering statistics for budgets right now and it's 9:30 PM.  Okay, I guess that means that I don't have a life.

Heavy sigh.

Give it up girl, ain't gonna happen.

Love is elusive and be damn grateful you knew it for awhile - - - - - but still sad tonight amongst my numbers - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment